X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parkrider's Skat'n News scans

Going through some old Skat'nNews mags tonight and scanned a few photos. I hope to add to this thread periodically with additional scans from other issues.

Starting with some scans from the January 19, 1981 issue:

Re: parkrider's Skat'n News scans

Todd Smoke!!!

Comment

WOW, cool stuff.

Comment

Solid Big O represent!

F'n Serafin RIP....

Thanks so much Tim, never thought I'd see that again.That pic was actually used for the year end ASPO trophy that year. Remember the pic under plexiglass with the name plate on it? Probably my most prized possession from my past that I lost...
        Last edited by TSmoke; 09-08-2008, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Hell yeh, my pic was used for my trophy that year too! Thanks for the memories, like you todd, that pic / trophy is long gone!

Comment

Also my thanks for scanning up those pages Tim. I guess not all is lost as long as The Metz man is digging thru his collection every once in awhile.

Great pics of all the young rippers (Todd, Les, Tim, CB & Bob *rip*)

Comment

cool stuff.

Comment

Yeah Todd and Les, you guys both have some height going on those channel jumps!

Jeff, did you ever make it to Apple and Cherry Hill skateparks?

I think Bobby Chase (pictured in the 3rd scan) is a forum member (ocrob37) as well.

Does anyone remember Sue Smith from Lakewood, pictured in the last scan doing slalom at Skatercross? I know she moved to North Carolina around 80/81 - I lost touch with her shortly after that. She is riding my "Blizzard" slalom board in that photo, which I still have.

RIP Bob Serafin.

Comment

Thanks alot Tim, my shot looks like im pretty high, its an illusion, i was about 3' 8" tall! That is OCROB in the pic and also Tim, your friend John was out here to the Wagonwheel, he seemed to have a good time.
                  Les.

Comment

Great post, any more scans, especially from the contest/result pages?

Comment

Wouldnt it be great if someone came across all of Rusty Harris' old photos?.....

Comment

Can anyone tell me if Bob Serafin had a brother named Josh ?

Comment

That was so cool! I have so many Skatenews in storage that I will scan eventually. Those were great times. The cover was Paul Votava and he was the guy that pushed me like crazy. He was a true badass and probably still skates? Back then I did not get shit for rollerskating and those were fun times. Now that I am an old fart I just carve and grind, but I still skate vert and have so much fun. Those guys could really skate. Great memories. Les killed it then and it seems he still kills it. That shit is priceless. That shit is oldschool.

Comment

Les, those were some good times. I would probably say they were the best times in my life. We had some great times. It's nice to be able to drive now. I don't mind being able to drink legally either, but nothing will over shadow those days in terms of skating. Those were the days of true hardcore skating. I am sure I only say that because I am out of shape, old, and can barely skate.

Comment

Nope, never made it to either one of the classic parks which was a real bummer. I ended up taking my electronics school down in Pensacola FL, not in Tenn as I thought.

Les, is that why your airs still look so big.. (poke, poke, jab, jab)

Keep em coming Tim.

Comment

Working...
                              X