X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to buy skateboard veneer

well I got a vacume veneer press from roarockit.com. I would have got veneer from there along with it but shipping was way too much. anyone know of a place around the san fernando valley, or LA county that I can get skateboard veneer for a good price? if not around that location, anyone know of a website I can get skateboard veneer from, that doesnt have over priced shipping to CA?

Im looking for veneer about 9" wide and 40" long...

thanks for any suggestions,

Greg R.

Re: where to buy skateboard veneer

Sorry to say, but most Hardwood lumber yards never stock the stuff. Your best bet would be to find a skateboard mfg company that might want to part with a few sheets. But that is highly unlikely unless they are a personal friend or going out of business.

Most builders have to buy the sheet stock in container sized lots because it is special order direct from the saw mills. You would have done best to buy it from roarockit when you ordered the press.

If I found a mfg going out of business. I'd buy his sheet stock on the spot.

Let us know if you get lucky.

Comment

crap...

well this place has good prices... http://www.summithardwood.com/skate/SkateboardOrder.htm

there out of stock on the size I want for about two weeks. so I'll order a 2 board kit, 7 ply from roarockit to test out the vacuum press...

Comment

Now that is a link I can use. Looks like a direct source type of connection (wow, they're in Pomona). Hopefully these guys send out/supply a decent quality of fresh wood veneer. Sounds like a large enough operation to have the goods. Post up a small review of the wood quality when it comes in. Thanks for the reply back.
        Last edited by Mogulman; 04-01-2009, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Hi.......I'm in Ontario,Canada about 30 min from Toronto.I've seen his website.I liked what I seen.Why I haven't stop by the guys shop is he himself I don't think makes vert boards or has wide enough veener like this poster said.I'd like to get one of his kits,never actually seen boards made like that,in fact never actually ever seeing boards period being made.I'd like to know where you can get verneer that wide to.

Thanks

Comment

Yeah Brad at Summit hardwood is a good guy and the wood is good. Plus if you live in SoCal you can go and pick it up and save on shipping. Only bummer is sometimes certain sizes are out of stock.

Comment

We sell longboard and street deck veneer. Please shoot us an email at info@dubpressdistribution.com or dubpressdistribution@yahoo.com...

or even stop by our webpage... http://www.dubpressdistribution.com

We offer top quality rotart cut hard rock canadian maple cheaper than our canadian competitors! We are a business in the USA!

Comment

One other veneer supplier.

http://skatepaige.com/blank-skateboa...d-catalog.html

For a small price increase(+$3 on the 3 deck pack)they should be able to bump up to the 10 1/2" veneer for those who like a bigger board.

Comment

Working...
                X