X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My calve muscle popped!

Out of the blue, my calve muscle popped yesterday. I can barely walk...not sure what the ? happened! Torn something? Not just no skating, but no walking for this bummed individual!

Re: My calve muscle popped!

that sucks eddie hope you get better soon. Guess you wont' be at culver today then.

Comment

Sometimes a pop down there is a achilles tendon injury?

Comment

Wow that is a drag Eddie - keep on posted on your situation.. got your call yesterday.. you will be there next time.

Comment

Get well soon Eddie!

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Hada View Post
            Sometimes a pop down there is a achilles tendon injury?
            I have never had that happen. It feels similar to a gnarly cramp I get when surfing, but 10 times worse. Does this type of injury heal quick?

Also, thank you everyone for your kind words. I just wanted to skate today...dooaaahhh!

Comment

I was skating with Dale Arden he did a kickturn or something and he said he heard a pop. I am pretty sure it was his Achilles tendon? I think the healing time depends on how badly you hurt it?

Comment

Right in the middle of the calve feels like the worse cramp. All three times from just dropping in on something small. Stretch it real good before skating and wrap it TIGHT with an ace bandage while skating. I had to stay off mine for a solid week.

Comment

That sucks Eddie. Like Dale said, Stretch it out. I'm not a Doctor so, the best advice that I could give you would be to go and see your Doctor.

(program stuff) If we're sick or hurt we go to the Doctor.

It will get better.

Comment

Originally posted by Splatlander View Post

(program stuff) If we're sick or hurt we go to the Doctor.

It will get better.
                    Thanks Chris...I was in denial, but you are right! Very good advice bro.

Thanks Dale...you made me more optimistic. At least it is not like a broken bone, so I should be skating in a week or two. Still have a hard time walking...feels like something really got torn in there. I will take your advice for sure...thank you.

Comment

i have hurt my calf before, similar to what you decribed with your calf.it happened a few years ago, i was so pumped up to skate one day i didint strecth out at all, and thats probley how i hurt mine.it took about 1 to 2 weeks to heel completly,but i was skateing after only 4 days and it was ok.now i always strech out real good and i walk for about 10 minuts before i even step on my board,that works good for me.hope you heel up fast.

Comment

Eddie-

If you haven't been to the doctor yet, GO!

A complete tear of the Achilles is usually pretty painless, you just feel a "pop", and that's it.

If you haven't seen a doctor yet, try this: relax your leg, and squeeze your calf. If your foot doesn't move when you do this, then its very likely that you've torn the Achilles. And it will NOT heal on its own. And if its only partially torn, stretching is about the worst thing you can do.

When I had mine re-attached, I was told surgery needs to be done within 2 weeks of the injury for the best chance of full recovery. Don't waste any time, and if you have any questions, email or pm me...

Comment

Thanks MSK. After typing I will get on the phone and get in my docs office to see whats up.
                          The pop actually hurt pretty good...felt like some threw something at it, or even shot at it. I can move my foot, but when I apply pressure from my weight (ie walking), it hurts. It does feel a slight bit better, but I am still limping like a retard. I will visit the doc today.

Comment

So Eddie, have you seen the Doc?
                            I had to go to one last week and got a glimps into what is wrong with me. Not the best news but still, you've got to know whats wrong so you can start healing.
                            Keep us posted bro and get well.

Comment

Working...
                            X